Code Enforcement Board
Florida Statute, Chapter 162.08 establishes the powers of the Code Enforcement Boards.
Powers of Enforcement Boards
Each enforcement board shall have the power to:
- Adopt rules for the conduct of its hearings.
- Subpoena alleged violators and witnesses to its hearings. Subpoenas may be served by the sheriff of the county or police department of the municipality.
- Subpoena evidence to its hearings.
- Take testimony under oath.
- Issue orders having the force of law to command whatever steps are necessary to bring a violation into compliance.
Code Enforcement Board hearings are held every third (3rd) Wednesday of every month at the Osceola County Administration Building:
1 Courthouse Square
Commission Chambers, Suite 4100 (4th Floor)
Kissimmee, FL 34741