Live Chat
Osceola Sectional Hero
Administration Building - Community Development Department
Phone
(407) 742-0200
Address
1 Courthouse Square,
Suite 1100
Kissimmee, FL 34741

Community Improvements

The Osceola Energy Initiative is working with local Osceola County governments to implement a number of projects intended to save the community money. To learn more, click the link above.

City of St. Cloud Rooftop Photovoltaic System and Solar Education Center

The Osceola Energy Initiative (OEI) was created by a partnership between Osceola County and the City of St. Cloud. The Osceola Energy Initiative is working to retrofit the City of St. Cloud City Hall building with a Solar Education Center which is planned to include real time interactive monitoring.

Traffic Light Synchronization Project

The Osceola Energy Initiative (OEI) is currently working with Public Works on Traffic Light Synchronization Project in Osceola County which consists of the retiming of traffic signals continuously on a total of forty-four lane miles of on John Young Parkway from U. S. 192 to Greenwald Way and on Osceola Parkway from Buenaventura Boulevard to John Young Parkway.

OEI Comprehensive Strategy and Comp Plan Revisions

The Osceola Energy Initiative (OEI) will also be providing Osceola County with a Sustainability Action Plan, a Greenhouse Gas Inventory, and a Carbon Forestry Inventory addressing the energy use of all County buildings and County government operations, which will be known as the OEI Comprehensive Strategy.

Taking Advantage of the Sun

In times where the US is seeking energy independence to avoid the rising price of fuel, Osceola County and the City of St. Cloud are doing their part to reach these goals. As part of a $2.36 million dollar grant funded by the US Department of Energy and Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Osceola County, in partnership with the City of St. Cloud, installed a 59 kilowatt (kW) photo-voltaic (PV) system on the City of St. Cloud City Hall rooftop and a 31 kW PV system on the City’s Joint Use Facility rooftop.