The Osceola Energy Initiative (OEI) is currently working with the University of Florida (UF)/Program for Resource Efficient Communities (PREC) to implement an Energy Efficient Finance Program (EEFP), which will provide residents and businesses access to low interest loans and energy efficient upgrades that are designed to give the individuals the greatest amount of savings for the least amount of investment. This will cause little to no net increase in the recipients out of pocket spending. This program is currently under development.
Currently, OEI is developing a 14 Week Energy Efficiency and Retrofit Certification Program where a minimum of 30, up to 40, interns will be certified in performing energy efficiency upgrades and weatherization type work. The interns will subsequently be placed with Participating Contractors for 10 weeks of paid internship training. OEI is currently seeking contractors who have the work capacity and are willing to mentor the interns at no cost to them during the 10 week internship.
14 Week Program Details:
- OEI will fund the hourly wage, workers compensation, liability insurance, and all required state and local federal taxes and benefits of the interns.
- Interns will be placed with contractors for 10 weeks and for up to 30 hours a week of labor.
- Interns will have their own transportation to and from the job sites.
- Interns will go through a thorough application and selection process prior to being accepted into the 14 week program.
- Compliance with America Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), Davis-Bacon Act, and Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) Program Guidelines.
- Recognition on OEI website as a Participating Contractor.
Initial Participating Contractor Qualifications:
- Are you a licensed contractor that currently performs Energy Efficiency weatherization or general building construction work?
- Do you perform work in Osceola or Orange County?
- Do you have a valid Business Tax Receipt (AKA: Occupational License)?
- Willingness to take on one or more interns and have the work capacity to keep them busy for 25 - 30 hours a week at no cost to you
- Other qualifications apply.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be qualified as a Participating Contractor, please complete the following two steps:
- Please click here to fill out our "OEI Interested Participating Contractor Form". This will ensure that you will receive the most recent program materials, information, schedules, and other updates about our program.
- Complete the WORKFORCE CENTRAL FLORIDA (WCF) online application by clicking here. Once you complete and submit the application a WCF representative will be in touch with you. From there a site visit to your office will be coordinated and WCF will go over a Worksite Agreement with you.
Thank you for your interest in our program. An OEI representative will be in touch with you in the near future!