- Excellence in customer service;
- Planning with clear focus on vision, innovation, and results;
- Build public and employee trust through open and honest communication;
- Leadership by example that challenges the organization for continuous improvement;
- Management designed for efficient use of financial and people resources.
Experience and Skills
Osceola County Manager
June 21, 2010 - Present
Interim County Manager
April 5, 2010 - June 20, 2010
Growth Management Administrator Direct report to County Manager
October 2007 - April 2010
Oversight of Building, Code Enforcement, Customer Resources, Development Review, Mosquito Control, Natural Resources, Planning, Technical Review Staff, and Zoning.
Deputy County Manager - Seminole County
July 2004 - September 2007
Annual operating budget of approximately $620 million. Worked with the County Manager in day-to-day operations of the organization. Ten direct report departments, consisting of approximately 1,400 staff. Served as Acting County Manager January 2006 - May 2006.
Director of Planning and Development - Seminole County
November 2000 - July 2004
Oversight of Administration, Building, Customer Resources, Development Review, and Planning.
Project Manager, Senior Planner, Associate - Bowyer-Singleton & Associates
March 1999 - November 2000
Planning, engineering, surveying, and environmental development firm.
Education and Training
- University of Central Florida UCF, B.A. in Public Administration, Magna Cum Laude, 08/98;
- Leadership Seminole 2004;
- Leadership UCF 1998, one of 30 students selected for the year;
- Four Roles of Leadership 2003 - Franklin Covey;
- Dynamics of Leadership 2001-2002 – Leadership and Listening Institute;
- Florida State University, Level 2 of the Certified Public Managers Program;
- 2006 Distinguished Alumnus for Seminole Community College
- Recipient of the Private Business Association’s First Annual 2003 Good Government Award other recipients include Congressman John Mica and Representative Lee Constantine
- 2007 Honorary Inductee into Pi Alpha Alpha by the University of Central Florida Chapter
- 1998 Outstanding Undergraduate in Public Administration University of Central Florida
- Recipient of Outstanding Public Project – Customer Resource Center - 2002 Florida Planning and Zoning Association
- Selected as one of the 100 Most Influential People in Central Florida by the Orlando Business Journal in 2001
- Member of the Golden Key National Honor Society