CDBG Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program
The CDBG Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program has a waiting list. The waiting list is currently closed; not accepting any new applicants.
Effective March 30, 2015, the CDBG Program will offer Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation for qualified applicants to enable healthy, safe, affordable and sustainable housing.
- Applicants must be the owner and occupant of the housing unit to be rehabilitated and have lived in the residence for at least one year.
- Property must be the primary residence.
- The assessed value of the property must not exceed $160,000 according to the Osceola County Property Appraiser.
- All property tax obligations must be current.
- Household income must be equal to or less than the applicable HUD income eligibility limits. Documentation of such must be provided.
- Property must be located within unincorporated Osceola County or St. Cloud. Housing units located within the city limits of Kissimmee are not eligible for this program.
- All repair work will meet local building code standards. At a minimum, health and safety hazards must be eliminated.
- The County will conduct an assessment of the property to determine the rehabilitation need with the priority placed on eliminating health and safety hazards and building code violations. This could include weatherization, repair or replacement of major housing systems, water and sewer connections; painting, installation of security devices or smoke detectors, improved handicapped accessibility, and other needed general property improvements. Luxury items are not permitted.
- Eligible owners may qualify for rehabilitation/reconstruction work up to a maximum of $50,000.
- Eligible applicants may receive a deferred payment loan (DPL). The DPL involves a lien requiring repayment of the loan only if the homeowner sells or transfers ownership of the rehabilitated home, ceases to use it as his/her primary residence within the date specified in the terms, or fails to maintain reasonable required standards of care and maintenance.
- The principal is forgiven or subtracted from the principal balance in equal annual amounts for all rehabilitation unit loans.
|Assistance Amount||Lien/Affordability Period||CDBG Forgiven Annually|
|Less than $15,000||5 Years||100% forgiven when mature.|
|$15,001-$30,000||10 Years||1st 5 Years 100% remains, 20% annually after 1st 5 years.|
|$30,000-$100,000||15 Years||1st 5 Years 100% remains, 10% annually after 1st 5 years.|
Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation Grants
The maximum grant amount is $12,000 per household and is only offered as funds are available, on an individual needs basis, and for the following activities:
- To repair/install sewer/septic or water lines/systems where existing lines/systems have failed
- For senior citizens more than 62 years old and/or disabled persons for accessibility improvements
- For removal of environmental hazards