How To Do Business
Location, Business Hours, and Appointments
Osceola County Procurement Services
1 Courthouse Square, Suite 2300 (Second Floor, County Administration Building)
Kissimmee, Florida 34741
Business Hours: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
Closed: We are closed Weekends and County Holidays.
Before being awarded any contract with Osceola County, vendors are required to meet the following criteria:
- Active Status on Department of State Division of Corporations
- Occupational License
- Certificate of Insurance (for amounts listed on each solicitation)
- All required federal, state and local licenses and or permits required to successfully provide the services contained in a contractual agreement.
Types of Solicitations
Invitation to Bid (ITB) One-time County purchases over $50,000 are purchased by means of a duly advertised ITB. The award of an ITB is to the responsive and responsible bidder with the lowest bid price.
Request for Proposals (RFP) are used by the County for solicitations with complex specifications or scope of work. RFP’s use specific award criteria based on qualifications and experience. Price is only one element of selection.
Professional Services (PS) are used for the solicitation of Engineers, Architects, Land Surveyors and Landscape Architects in accordance with Florida State Statute Section 287.055, the Consultant’s Competitive Negotiations Act (CCNA).
Request for Quotations (RFQ) are used for purchases less than $50,000 and may be solicited by phone, fax, or written quotes.
Small purchases less than $1,000 are usually acquired with the County’s Procurement Card.
Responding to Solicitations
There are several types of solicitation methods used by Osceola County. All solicitations responses are opened publicly at a specified date, time and place which will be clearly stated on the solicitation. Solicitation responses are subject to Florida’s Open Government Law. Reference Chapter 119, Florida Statutes.
Easy as 1, 2, 3...
- Read the solicitation document carefully and follow all instructions.
- Have all contents in the recommended/required order.
- Submit it on time - do not “overnight” it the day before, leave early if you are delivering it personally. Solicitation responses not received by the required date/time will not be considered.
Solicitation responses not received by the required date/time will be rejected.
Opening of Solicitation Responses
All solicitation response openings are open to the public. All submittals are subject to a detailed evaluation by the County before a recommendation of an award is made to the Board of County Commissioners.