Office of the Commission Auditor supports the Board of County Commissioners by providing reasonable assurance that best practices with regard to internal controls, accounting systems and business processes are in place to accomplish the County's goals and objectives.
To the degree necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the office, OCA:
- Conducts financial and compliance, economy and efficiency, and performance audits of County government;
- Conducts financial reviews of items or business matters that will either expend or receive funds, property, goods or services which have been scheduled or will be scheduled for Board's consideration;
- Provides a written report or opinion on any transaction or business practice relating to County government;
- Reviews any matter related to County business upon the request of the Board;
- Conducts audits of utility providers to ensure collection and accurate remittance of taxes to the County and;
- Conducts revenue audits of local businesses to ensure collection and accurate remittance of Tourist Development Taxes and franchise fees to the County.