Electronic Plan Submission
Step 1: Digitally Sign Your Documents
Engineers can refer to the FBPE January 2016 Newsletter for general information. Engineers are required to have their digital signature certified through a Third-Party Certification Authority.
Digital Signature Requirements:
- Image of licensee Seal (as set forth in each discipline governing board)
- Name of licensee
- Date the document was digitally signed
- The following language statements:
- "This item has been electronically signed and sealed by [LICENSEE NAME] using a Digital Signature." (Date will be shown
automatically with an Adobe System)
"Printed copies of this document are not considered signed and sealed and the signature must be verified on any electronic copies."
- "This item has been electronically signed and sealed by [LICENSEE NAME] using a Digital Signature." (Date will be shown automatically with an Adobe System)
Digital signatures (or IDs) can be created using Adobe Acrobat. For more information, please follow Adobe's guide.
Step 2: Name Files Appropriately
Files must be named in accordance with the format shown below.
- A = Architectural
- C = Civil
- D = Documents (all permitting documents, truss packets and truss drawings, etc.)
- E = Electrical
- F = Fire Protection
- G = General (found on most commercial submissions)
- H = Hardscapes
- L = Landscapes
- M = Mechanical
- P = Plumbing
- R = Reports (Geotech, Soils, etc.)
- S = Structural
- T = Telecommunications
- X = Other Disciplines (Kitchen, Interior Design, etc.)
Example of Appropriate Document Names:
D04_Truss Engineering Packet.pdf
Example of Appropriate Blueprint Names:
Step 3: Upload Documents for Review
Login to your account on our Permit Center, and upload your documents.