Things to do Before Signing a Contract
- Always get three 3 bids or estimates before signing a contract or giving the contractor a deposit.
- Each contractor should have a contractor’s number listed on his contract that you can use to verify with the our Contractor Licensing Office.
- Make sure the work to be done is in writing on the contract regardless of how minute.
- Make sure all warranties are listed on the contract - not verbal.
- Make sure you read all the fine print on your contract and understand it, or ask your contractor to explain before you sign the contract.
- Include in the contract that the contractor will supply you with a Contractor’s Final Affidavit of no liens when the job is completed and at the same time you give him the final payment.