The following are general requirements for all inspections:
- Inspections prior to issuance of Certificate of Occupancy or Completion: The Building Official shall inspect or cause to be inspected, at various intervals, all construction or work for which permit is required, and a final inspection shall be made on every building, structure, electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system upon completion, prior to the issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy or Certificate of Completion. Every permit issued must have a final inspection to verify compliance with the applicable codes and to provide administrative closure.
- All work must comply with applicable codes, statues and ordinances. Issuance of any county permit is not approval to violate any applicable codes, statues or ordinances.
- All inspections must be scheduled by the permit holder.
- The 911 Street Address Number must be posted at time of inspection. During construction this may be a temporary sign visible from the street or road. The permanent sign must be in place at time of final inspection.
- The permit card, county approved plans, site drawings and the Notice of Commencement must be on the job site in a weather resistant job site posting board and displayed in a conspicuous place.
- The permit holder must provide all ladders, scaffolding and/or lifts for the inspector to perform required inspections.
- Work shall not be done on any part of a building, structure, electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system beyond the point indicated in each successive inspection without approval of the field inspector. This approval is noted on the permit card provided by Osceola County and displayed by the permit holder, as required in item #1.
- A fee of $24.00 shall be charged for each re-inspection made due to the fact that work was not ready at the time specified in the request for inspection, work was rejected, failure to call for required inspection, permit or approved plans not on job site, no address posted, etc. All re-inspection fees charged against a permit shall be paid prior to authorization for electrical power and issuance of Certificate of Occupancy or Certificate of Completion.