Plan Review Services
View Permit Status
There are several ways you may obtain information regarding your project's status during the plan review process. To check the status of a permit you may:
- Search your permit number on the Osceola County Permit Center.
- Call our Building Office at 407-742-0200.
Our Building Office's reviewing department performs the following general functions:
- Review building plans for compliance with Florida Building and Fire Codes and other Administrative and Statutory Standards.
- Provide a comprehensive plan review to encompass different trades as building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, gas and fire.
- Assist design professionals, builders, contractors, homeowners and the public with issues related to building permits, code compliance, rules and regulations.
- Approve and process building plans for commercial and residential building permit applications.
- Process revisions for approval of a building permit.
Plan Review Guidelines
Florida Building Code requires a minimum plan review criteria for buildings. Construction documents you submit must include the following minimum design criteria:
- A Floor Plan
- Site Plan
- Foundation Plan
- Floor / Roof Framing Plan
- And All Exterior Elevations
Master filing is a service that provides customers with an option of submitting a typical building or structure that could be built multiple times in multiple locations. Builders and contractors may use this option before completing documents for permitting.
Please be advised that a master file review is exclusively made for building code compliance which includes the following trades:
After the plans are reviewed, applicant will receive review comments for corrections.
Plan Review Process
As a general rule a building permit application is processed either the same day or next business day. Copies of your application and plans are forwarded to the departments that must approve your submission. Permit applications for commercial buildings require the following departmental approvals:
- 911 Addressing
Building approval consists of separate reviews from different trades which include:
While fire review pertains to the Fire Department, it has been incorporated into the building review process for the purpose of simplifying the handling of plans.
If drawings are found with non-compliance code items, the permit will be placed on hold. It is expected the applicant will submit revisions to address the hold comments. Revisions will be reviewed in the order they are received. Our Building Office will approve the permit once drawings are in compliance with the building code.