If you're approaching your permit expiration date and you know the work will not be complete by then, you may submit an extension request to our Building Office. Extension forms can be found on our Permitting Inspection Forms page.
- A permit application will expire if the permit is not issued within 6 months of the application date.
- A permit is valid for one year as long as there is an approved inspection at least every 6 months.
- A permit extension gives you an additional 90 days in which to obtain a valid inspection and it must be requested in writing prior to the permit expiration date.
- A permit extension fee will be $50 or 10% of the permit fee, whichever is greater.
- A maximum of two 90-day permit extensions may be requested for each permit.
Cancel a Permit
To cancel a building permit please submit a signed, notarized letter that includes the permit number, permit address, owner information, contractor information, and a statement requesting that it be canceled. Only the property owner or contractor may cancel a permit.