COVID-19 Assistance ProgramsRental / Mortgage / Utility Assistance
Asistencia de emergencia para alquiler / hipoteca / utilidades Eviction Prevention Assistance
Asistencia para prevenir el desalojo Elderly & Disabled Housing / Utility Assistance
Asistencia de vivienda / utilidades para personas mayores y discapacitados
Rental / Mortgage / Utility Assistance
Applications for COVID-19 Housing Assistance are available for citizens residing in Osceola County including City of Kissimmee and City of St. Cloud. You may qualify for assistance if:
- You live in Osceola County (including the cities of St. Cloud and Kissimmee).
- You have been impacted financially by the COVID-19 pandemic - loss of income, laid off, hours reduced, furloughed.
Please note that the Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) program requires that the priority for assistance will be given to those individuals/families at or below 50% of the area median income, and those individuals/families with one or more of the household members that have been on unemployment for at least 90 days.
- Proof of loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Driver's license and social security card of the applicant/co-applicant.
- Current lease or mortgage statement in applicant's/co-applicant's name.
- W-9 form from your landlord, property manager or mortgage company.
Eviction Prevention Assistance
Assistance is available for Osceola County residents facing evictions. If an Action of Eviction has been filed against you for non-payment of rent, you can qualify for assistance.
- Be an Osceola County resident.
- Have a valid Driver's License or State ID.
- Have a signed lease (apartment or house). Property must be your primary residence.
- Have proof of COVID hardship (loss of income, laid off, reduced hours, furloughed).
- Have an eviction action filed against you. Must provide case number.
Elderly & Disabled Housing / Utility Assistance
Receive up to six months of assistance for rent/mortgage and utilities. Application packets are available at Human Services (1392 E. Vine Street in Kissimmee). This program is strictly done in person at the Human Services office. If you have any questions regarding the program, please call 407-742-8403.
- Must be 62 years or older, or permanently disabled
- Paper applications only
- Up to six months of assistance available
- Application packets are available at Human Services on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30am-12:00noon. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00pm-4:00pm.
- Rent, mortgage, and utility assistance is available
- Payments will be made directly to the Mortgage Company/Landlord and Utility Company
- Driver's license or State of Florida Identification Card
- 62 or older, or permanently disabled
- Current lease or mortgage statement in applicant's/co-applicant's name
- Utility bill in applicant's/co-applicant's name
- W-9 form from your landlord, property manager or mortgage company
- SSDI eligibility documentation
The mission of the Osceola County Housing Office is to improve the quality of life for Osceola County citizens through commitment, advocacy, and ensuring the provision of adequate affordable housing for our citizens. It is our goal to empower economically disadvantaged individuals and families, particularly those with very-low to moderate incomes, so Osceola County will have strong, diverse, and viable communities.
To establish housing programs by addressing the areas of critical need while ensuring residents of Osceola County have access to safe, decent, and sanitary housing.