Osceola County NPDES Program Facts
Osceola County has a Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) NPDES permit to discharge stormwater to water of the state (lakes and streams) this permit is issued by The Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
Osceola County’s first NPDES MS4 permit was issued in 2003, each permit is in effect for 5 years. The County received an audit in 2012, where Osceola County was determined to be in compliance. The next permit begins in 2013.
The permit consist of 6 different minimum control measures the County must implement for best management practices, they are as follows:
- Public Education and Outreach,
- Public Participation and Involvement,
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination,
- Construction Site Run Off Control,
- Post construction run off control and
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping.
Osceola County has an Illicit Discharge Ordinance #08-28, which states only rainwater runoff is allowed in the stormwater system.