Child Care Assistance for Emergency Personnel
Published on: Apr 24, 2020
Dear Osceola County Emergency Personnel/First Responders,
We are tremendously grateful for your commitment and dedication to the citizens of Osceola County. As always, we want to keep you informed on available resources to assist you during this challenging time. With this goal in mind, please see information below regarding child care assistance for Emergency Personnel/First Responders from the Early Learning Coalition of Osceola County. Should you wish to apply for the assistance, please read the information carefully and follow the outlined instructions.
Stay healthy, helpful & calm…
Your Human Resources Team
The Florida Department of Education and the Office of Early Learning, along with local early learning coalitions throughout the state, are prioritizing child care for first responders and health care workers. As you are on the front lines of helping to fight the pandemic, allow the Early Learning Coalition of Osceola County, to assist you with your child care costs. Income is not a part of the eligibility process for the program through June 30, and you may be eligible for an additional 12 months of child care assistance based on your family’s gross income.
In order to qualify, you must:
- Have a child younger than 13 years old.
- Be employed with a first-responder organization (including Corrections) or essential medical organization.
To apply for the emergency child care scholarship:
- Obtain the Child Care Application and Authorization (CCAA) from the Osceola County Human Resources Department by contacting Ann F. Madera at 407-742-1444 or Ann.Madera2@osceola.org or click here
- Complete Section A (Family Information) of the application and sign the referral. Then send or bring the form to Ms. Madera via email or fax at 407-742-1201, so that our office can complete Section B (Eligibility) and sign the referral. Both sections must be completed and signed before moving on to the next step. We will then email you a copy of the signed application.
- Apply for child care services by going to the Florida Office of Early Learning Family Portal
- As a new user, select “Click Here” to register for an account.
- Complete the application (When answering the prequalifying questions, select “Yes” when asked if you have a form titled: Child Care Application and Authorization).
- Scan in your signed CCAA form.
- Early Learning Coalition staff will review your application upon submission. If eligible, your case will be processed within three business days.
- To expedite the process, please be sure that you have a child care provider selected. If you need help with selecting a provider, Early Learning Coalition staff will be able to provide you with Child Care Resource & Referral (CCRR) services and provide a customized list of local child care options. To use the online Child Care Resource & Referral form for Orange and Osceola County, click here If you need assistance finding a child care provider in another Florida county, go to: http://www.floridaearlylearning.com/family-resources/find-quality-child-care/locate-your-early-learning-coalition).
- How to complete and submit the child care application and authorization form.
- Child Care Application and Authorization Form, First Responder and Essential Health Care Personnel (Declaration of Emergency Response).
- English FAQs for First Responder Program: Families
- Spanish FAQs for First Responder Program: Families | Providers
- Florida Essential Services List for public health, law enforcement, public safety, and other first responders.
For more information or questions, in Osceola County call 321-219-6300 and in Orange County call 407-532-4192.