County Announces the Opening and Closing of the Section 8 Waiting List
Published on: Oct 10, 2016
In accordance with the Section 8 Housing Administrative Plan, Section 4E, Chapter 4
OSCEOLA COUNTY ANNOUNCES THE
OPENING AND CLOSING OF THE SECTION 8 WAITING LIST
The Section 8 Waiting List will be opening on October 19, 2016 at 2:00pm and closing on October 22, 2016 at 11:59pm. Waiting List Preliminary Applications can be accessed ONLINE ONLY at http://housing.osceola.org or https://www.waitlistcheck.com/FL2837. Assistance can be obtained at the following location between the hours of 2:00pm and 7:00pm on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 only.
Osceola County Exhibition Building
Osceola Heritage Park
1875 Silver Spur Lane, Kissimmee, FL 34744
Preliminary Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm on Saturday, October 22, 2016. Preliminary Applications submitted after 11:59pm will not be accepted. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations, should contact Human Services at (407) 742-8406 and for the visually or hearing impaired, please call the following TDD number 1-800-955-8771 within five (5) calendar days prior to the Pre-qualification form date.
All Preliminary Applications received will be entered into a random lottery and reviewed to determine if the applicant qualifies to be placed on the waiting list. The random lottery will be held approximately 7 days after closing of the waiting list. A total of 300 preliminary applications will be selected.
Only one preliminary application per household will be allowed. Any household that submits more than one preliminary application will be disqualified.
Applicants requesting a local preference must check the appropriate boxes on the Preliminary Application.
Osceola County Human Services has the following local preferences:
- Homeless - Has a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not meant for human habitation
- Osceola County Resident - Osceola County Resident at the time of application (ex: drivers’ license and one of the following: lease, utility bill, etc.)
- Working families with kids - A working family with minor children working 20 or more hours per week
- Disabled - A person with a disability (SSI disability award letter)
- Working families without kids - A working family with no children working 20 or more hours per week
For Information, call:
OSCEOLA COUNTY HUMAN SERVICES
SECTION 8 HOUSING OFFICE
330 N. BEAUMONT AVENUE
KISSIMMEE, FL 34741
A FAIR HOUSING/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/HANDICAP ACCESS JURISDICTION