Turkey Fryer Public Safety Announcement
Celebrate the holidays safely with tips from Osceola County Fire Rescue & EMS.
Frying turkeys is a great-tasting alternative to oven roasting, and it can save you time, but follow these rules to get your bird to the table safely:
- Prepare your cooking area. Set your fryer up outdoors, on a stable level surface away from any flammable materials and a safe distance from children and pets.
- Keep a Class K or general purpose extinguisher handy in case of fire.
- Never add water to a grease fire!
- Once cooking is complete, allow several hours for the oil to safely cool.
- Never dump used oil down the drain! Bring used cooking oil to either the Bass Road Recovery Center in Kissimmee, or the Transfer Station in St. Cloud. For directions and hours of operation, visit t.ly/xzrP