Live Chat
Osceola Sectional Hero
Administration Building - Community Development Department
(407) 742-0200
1 Courthouse Square,
Suite 1100
Kissimmee, FL 34741

Licensing Services

Contractor Licensing

The Osceola County Building Office offers a variety of categories for sponsoring to become state licensed as a Contractor or Journeyman. You may find a listing of those categories by clicking on the Application for Competency Card link to the right.

Osceola County uses as its assessment service. At that website, you may obtain information on what references you need for your exam using FLBC04 and NEC 2002 for electrical. Osceola County requires a passing score of 75%.

For information concerning Contractor Licensing, you may contact our office at 407-742-0200 or via e-mail:


Research, Complaints and Unsafe Structures

To obtain copies of permit records from 1978 up until current permits issued, you may request a Records Research Request.  For complaints on non-permitted work, unlicensed activity, problem with a licensed contractor or report unsafe structures, you may contact us or fill out a Uniform Complaint Form.  Your complaint will be assigned over to an Investigator within the area.  For information concerning Research, Complaints or Unsafe Structures, you may contact our office at 407-742-0200 or send an e-mail to Dorcas Gilmore,



Occupational Licenses

Occupational licenses are issued from the Osceola County Tax Collector.

Click the "Contractor Licensing Documents" link to the right for categories concerning:

  • Handyman, Carpentry, Maintenance, Repair
  • Drywall / Framing
  • Window & Exterior Door Installation
  • Residential Swimming Pool Cleaning
  • or Small Appliance Repair

For all other categories concerning occupational licenses, please contact the Tax Collectors office at 407-742-0200 or visit their website at


Licensing Investigations

The Building Office has a staff of Investigators to investigate complaints turned in to our office. Complaints are followed up within a five-day period or less. Investigations may also assist with questions concerning the recourse of a specific complaint. For more information concerning the investigation of a complaint turned in, you may contact our office at 407-742-0200 or via e-mail at