Live Chat Citizen Action Center

Veterans Services

The Osceola County Veterans' Services Office is Osceola County's local government office charged with acting as your veterans' benefits advocates. We are County employees under the direction of an accredited County Veteran Service Officer (CVSO), not VA employees. Our office is responsible for assisting disabled and needy war veterans, members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents, and the widows and orphans of deceased veterans entitled to benefits under any federal, state, and local government laws, rules or regulations by their service in the Armed Forces of the United States.

The Osceola County Veterans' Services Office staff meets or exceeds the requirements of Florida Statute 292.11 and maintains the following accreditations:

  • Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
  • American Legion
  • Disabled American Veterans

Contact Us


Phone: 407-742-8455

Address: 1392 E. Vine Street, Kissimmee, FL 34744

Walk-ins are welcome at the above Kissimmee location from Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm. 

Services Provided

  • Appeals – assist veterans in choosing one of the three options under the new Appeals Modernization Act (AMA):  Supplemental Claim, Higher-Level Review, or Notice of Disagreement. The Supplemental Claim is used to reopen a previously denied claim by providing new and relevant evidence. The Higher-Level Review is used to have a more experienced rater look at a claim; no new evidence is accepted for this type of claim. The Notice of Disagreement is used to file an appeal with the Board of Veterans Appeals. You have one year from a rating decision to file one of the three options. The final stage of the appeals process starts when one receives a denial from the BVA. At this stage, one needs to obtain a lawyer.
  • Burial Benefits Claims - files all VA claims forms for burial benefits. We would need a copy of the paid-in full receipt of the services and a copy of the long death certificate that indicates the cause of death.
  • Disability Claims Processing - completes all VA forms required to file for a VA disability claim. A VA disability is any injury of disease acquired while in the service. Please bring a copy of your discharge and service medical treatment records if available.
  • Educational Claims Processing - assists with the completion of a variety of education forms. The process must begin at the educational institution where the veteran decides on the course of training or degree program.
  • Home Loan Program - To complete the home loan guarantee our office will need a copy of the DD 214 and/or HUD 1. The VA will only guarantee repayment of the loan if the veteran is not able to repay it. The veteran must still qualify for the loan on their own. There is no requirement for a down payment or mortgage insurance.
  • Pension and Widows Pension Processing
    • There are several requirements for a VA pension:
      • The veteran must have had at least one day of wartime service, and served for a time period called to serve, at least 90 days of service.
      • The veteran must have a disability that would prevent one from working.
      • The veteran must meet the income and net worth qualifications. Veterans over the age of 65 have met the disability requirement.
    • Widows must meet income qualification as long as the veteran has met the required wartime and 90 days of service.
    • Documents needed to file for benefits are:
      • Discharge papers
      • Proof of all sources of income and net worth
      • Letter from doctor stating the medical condition(s)

Accreditation Search

Click on the below link to access the United States Department of Veterans' Affairs search to research accredited attorneys, claims agents, or Veterans Service Organizations (VSO) Representatives.

Accreditation Search

Veterans Related Links

Benefit Claims Process

First Time Claims Timeline

Months Actions by VSO
  • Informal claim, request all service documents
  • Returns to review all documents, provide medical opinion letters to support claim
  • Formalize claim
  • Vet receives veterans claims assistance act letter (VCAA).
  • Veteran is scheduled for compensation and pension exam (C&P)
  • Veterans receives rating decision (RD)

Appeals Timeline

Months Actions
  • Complete Decision Review officer notice of disagreement (NOD)
  • Complete formal appeal to Board of Veterans Appeal (BVA)
    • Possible BVA Remand
    • New RD or Supplement statement of the case (SSOC)
    • Complete another NOD
  • Complete a traditional NOD
  • Receive a Statement of the Case (SOC)
  • Receive RD or denial letter
  • Appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeal for Veterans claim (requires use of lawyer)

Veterans' Claims Process Workflows

Claims Process Official Workflow