Live Chat Citizen Action Center

Transportation and Transit Department Services

Osceola County’s Transportation and Transit Department provides a wide array of services to residents   – beyond just building roads and working to expand transit options in the County. Residents frequently ask about installing stop signs, or street lights or other road related repairs. If you are interested in any of the following topics, please click on the link below for a roadmap detailing how best to resolve your specific transportation or transit issue.

Traffic Calming/Stop Signs/Speed Bumps/Traffic Signals

Requests for traffic calming devices, such as speed bumps, traffic signals, roundabouts, and/or stop signs, can be downloaded here. The request is then evaluated by the County Traffic Engineering staff to determine whether the location meets specific criteria, including a speed study, traffic counts, roadway lengths, and an analysis of median speed.

If a request for speed humps meets ALL of the engineering criteria, the requestor and/or HOA will be asked by the County to gather the signatures of at least 60 percent of the surrounding homeowners in support of the proposed change. That petition and the engineering analysis must then be approved by the Osceola County Board of County Commissioners, depending upon funding availability. The petition can be downloaded at this link. Stop sign,traffic signal requests and speed limit reductions will be examined by the County’s Traffic Engineering staff to determine if the location is appropriate. If so, a signal warrant analysis will be performed to determine if the location meets the specific criteria detailed above.

Application for Traffic Calming Devices Traffic Calming Petition Sheet

No Parking Signs

Osceola County roads are public and, unless otherwise posted, available for motor vehicles to park on the right-of-way. Dual rear wheeled trucks are not permitted to park on the right-of-way or on streets unless necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic, to comply with law enforcement directives, or while temporarily engaged in loading or unloading activities. Most parking violations are already addressed by existing laws and do not require the addition of additional No Parking signs. Individuals, communities and HOA should report parking violations to Osceola County’s Code Enforcement Division or 407-742-0400 or the Osceola County Sheriff’s office at 407-348-1100.

Osceola County's parking ordinance can be reviewed here.

Only after enforcement efforts are demonstrated to be ineffective will the County consider creating a separate ordinance or installing No Parking signs. These requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. HOAs are required to obtain a majority approval of homeowners on a petition in support of the ordinance and/or No Parking signs, and also pay for whatever supplemental signs are required. Download the application for No Parking Signs below.

Application for No Parking Signs

Radar Speed Feedback Signs

The following criteria must be met to qualify for installation of radar speed feedback signs: A speed study determines that the 85th percentile speed (the speed at or below which 85% of all vehicles are observed to travel under free-flow conditions past a monitored point) exceeds the posted speed limit by at least 10 miles per hour (or at least 5 miles per hour in a school zone) AND the area is within 500 yards of a major pedestrian generator such as a school, park, library, senior center; OR the area is primarily residential or a heavily traveled pedestrian area AND the posted speed limit is 35 mph or less AND there are no other Dynamic Speed Display Signs along the route within a 5-mile radius (excluding signs within school zones). If warranted, post mounted speed feedback signs will be installed at strategic locations along the corridor for a duration of two years, after which they will be removed and relocated to other corridors where they are needed. The application for use of these signs can be downloaded below.

Application for Speed Radar Sign

Lynx and SunRail

To find out when Lynx buses run or when SunRail trains travel to and from Osceola County, please visit for bus information or for information about the region’s local commuter rail train. For intrastate and interstate train travel beyond Volusia, Seminole, Orange and Osceola counties, please visit

Street Lights

New street lights must meet two criteria – be located where a County road intersects another road and the speed limit on either street is greater than 45 mph, or where it would improve public safety; or when a school bus stop is located where children are waiting for a bus before daylight hours. The application and review by the County Engineer is subject to approval by the Osceola County Board of County Commissioners, depending upon funding availability. Typically, Osceola County does not install street lights unless a new roadway or roadway widening project requires a lighting component. Residents may also contact their utility company direct, and for a minimal monthly maintenance fee, get a street light installed. If you are requesting repairs to an existing street light, please contact your utility provider directly.

Street Light Request Application

Red Light Cameras

Public safety is one of the County’s highest priorities, and red-light cameras at key intersections help make our roadways safer for both residents and visitors to our community. These cameras are another way the County is using technology to improve public safety. Please review a list of intersections where red-light cameras are deployed in Osceola County here.   

Osceola County contracts with Verra Mobility (formerly known as American Traffic Solutions or ATS), to provide the County’s red-light and speed camera enforcement program. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions here for information about the program, including different options about how to pay and/or contest your violation.

Osceola County also deploys traffic cameras at dozens of additional intersections throughout the County to monitor traffic flows and adjust signals and other traffic control devices accordingly. Please be advised that these cameras only monitor real-time traffic conditions on local roads, do not have recording capabilities, and are not used for red-light camera enforcement. Persons seeking video from red-light running cameras should contact Verra Mobility directly at 1-866-225-8875.

Golf Carts and Micro-Mobility Devices

For safety reasons, the use of golf carts is not legal on, or along, County roads or sidewalks. In certain cases, however, exemptions are allowed. Osceola County does require that a study be completed before a roadway or sidewalk is designated for use by golf carts or a neighborhood is designated a golf cart community. For more information on how to facilitate golf cart use in your neighborhood, please view the policy and application below.

Golf Carts Policy & Application

Osceola County will permit the operation of rental micro-mobility devices, most commonly referred to as motorized scooters and bicycles, under certain conditions in certain areas of the County. For information on the County’s ordinance regulating micro-mobility devices, please see the link below.

Micro-Mobility Device Ordinance

For information on fees associated with a required micro-mobility device engineering study, please click here.

Tourist Oriented Direction Signs (TODs)

A TODs sign assists people with locating and finding tourist-oriented business in Osceola County. Tourist-oriented businesses that receive a majority of their income from visitors or people who do not live in the immediate area wishing to install such signs should download the application below and review qualifications.

Application for TOD Signs

Children at Play Signs

Children at Play (and similar) signs are not recognized by the Florida Department of Transportation or the Federal Highway Administration as official traffic control devices and have not been installed on County or public roadways since 2009. Studies show that drivers already expect the presence of children in residential areas and that the signs have a negligible effect. The signs also can create a false sense of security for parents and children; and may suggest that playing in or beside a roadway is acceptable behavior.