Step One: Submit an Application
The first step to getting a building permit is to complete an application form. You can do this online at our Permit Center website, or you can download paper applications and submit hard copies. After we receive your application, our permit technicians will review them for sufficiency.
The information you provide on your application and associated documents will become a permanent record of that permit. It is vitally important that the following information is accurate:
- Owner and contractor information
Once your application is approved you will be given a permit number for tracking. When you call or make inquiries online, please refer to the permit number you were given.
Some simple permits (such as residential fences, mechanical change-out, re-roofing) may be issued over the counter at the time we receive your application. Other structural permits usually require plan review before they can be issued.
Online Submission User Guides
Step Two: Supply Plans and Specs
Once your application has been approved you may supply building plans & spec sheets for review. You can submit paper sheets or you can upload online.
- Include a transmittal cover sheet that lists your permit number and contact information.
- Each plan sheet must be signed & sealed by the design professional. We cannot accept printed versions of digitally certified signatures.
- Submit only one (1) set of plans & specs. We no longer require 3 copies.
- Drop off or mail your hardcopies to: Permitting Dept, 1 Courthouse Sq, Suite 1400, Kissimmee, FL 34741.
Please read our online submission requirements here. If you submit plans digitally please do not submit a paper set to our office as well.
Step Three: The Review Process
After we've received your full submission our departments will conduct their review.
You will receive automatic notifications via email if your email was used to initiate the application. Otherwise you can monitor your permit status using these steps.