Live Chat Citizen Action Center
Osceola Sectional Hero
Social Services - Main Office
M - F: 8am - 5pm
(407) 742-8400
1392 E. Vine Street
Kissimmee, FL 34744

Social Services

The Osceola County Board of County Commissioners, through its Social Services Program provides limited assistance to eligible residents of Osceola County. All funding for programs provided by Social Services are funded by property taxes. No programs are funded by the extra penny sales tax collected in Osceola County.

Services Offered

Indigent Burial / Cremation Program

Osceola County Housing and Community Services administers the indigent burial and cremation program for deceased persons who died within the geographical boundaries of Osceola County. Payment for indigent burial, cremation and transportation to the Veteran National Cemetery in Bushnell Florida, will be made only if there are absolutely no other resources available to cover these costs. The county will cover the cost of cremation, and burial will be provided for unclaimed bodies or any other situation, in a case by case basis.

These Funeral Homes are under contract with the County:

New Horizon Funeral Home Chapel & Cremation
821 13th Street
Saint Cloud, FL 34769

Osceola Memory Gardens Funeral Homes and Crematory
1717 Old Boggy Creek Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34744

Eligibility Requirements

Applicants requesting assistance must:

  • Call a funeral home from the list provided above
  • Must have a referral from one of the funeral homes listed above
  • Deceased must have died in Osceola County.
  • The deceased cannot have any form of life insurance or assets.
  • Family may have proof of hardship.

Limited Case Management

Osceola County residents who have applied to the Osceola County Social Services Program for assistance will receive an overall evaluation of their needs. Their needs will be realistically matched-up to all available resources including those in-house and with a maximum participation and cooperation by the client. Social Services will try to avail the client to those other agencies and their services.

Referrals & Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you help with prescriptions and outpatient testing?

No, this program has been closed. Please use one of the links above for additional assistance.

Can the Social Services Program help me with my electric bill?

No, this program has been closed. Please use one of the links above for additional assistance.

Do you have the contact info for any other agencies?

Yes, please refer to the links above.

Do you provide any sort of cash assistance, food stamps, and health care?

Unfortunately we are unable to provide assistance with these resources. Please visit one of the links above for additional assistance.

Will you assist me with one-time emergency assistance to pay my rent?

Please visit the CDBG Emergency Rental Assistance page for more info, and also refer to the links above for additional assistance.

Do you provide any sort of trash assistance?

No, this program has been closed.

If I am homeless, who can assist?

Homeless Services Network: 407-893-0133